Please submit the following completed documents to our admissions office by mail:
Korea International School, Jeju Campus
8, Global Edu-ro 260beon-gil, Daejeong-eup, Seogwipo-si, Jeju-do, South Korea 63644
www.kis.ac → Admissions → Downloads
1. Completed Application Form for Korea International School, Jeju Campus
2. Four (4) unaltered 3 x 4 cm photos, taken in the last 6 months; white background preferred
Korean citizens: An original copy of your resident registration and a copy of the applicant’s passport.
Non-Korean citizens: Copies of the applicant’s passport and both parents’ passports, as well as copies of their Alien Registration Cards
4. Confidential letters of recommendation in sealed envelopes. Please use the official KISJ confidential letter of recommendation form.
Grade 1 & Grade 2: Letter of recommendation from a current homeroom teacher.
G3 - G6: 1) Letter of recommendation from a recent homeroom teacher 2) Letter of recommendation from a recent English teacher
G7 - G11 1) Letter of recommendation from a recent English teacher 2) Letter of recommendation from a recent Math teacher
* Secondary students that have recent standardized test scores may include those results in the application package but SSAT scores are not mandatory. All students that do not have the SSAT scores have the opportunity to apply and eventually be admitted to KISJ as long as they meet the admissions enrollment standards and criteria. Please contact the Admissions Office with any queries or clarifications using the details below.
6. Official transcripts or report cards in sealed envelopes from the current academic year and previous two (2) academic years.
Step 2: Confirm Testing
After receiving these documents, the Admissions Office will send a confirmation message or letter via phone or via email with the testing information.
Step 3: Interview and Testing
Families must transfer the application and test fee (KRW 400,000) prior to the interview and test.
Applicants to JK, K, and Grade 1 complete a play observation and interview.
Applicants to Grade 1 may also complete a short writing assessment.
Applicants to Grade 2 complete a play observation, interview, reading and writing assessment.
Applicants to Grades 3 and above complete an interview, writing, reading and math assessments and may be asked to complete additional assessments on a case-by-case basis.
Testing normally takes 1-3 hours based on the applicant’s age and testing required. Please note that an opportunity to interview and test does not guarantee placement at Korea International School, Jeju Campus.
Step 4: Acceptance Decision
After the testing, interview and a review of the final documents, an acceptance decision will be made. We do not provide Admissions test scores or information related to the decision made by the Admissions Committee.
If an applicant is declined at this stage, their family will be officially notified by phone or email. Reasons for declining an application may include low academic standing, poor letters of recommendation, or limited language proficiency as described in the records. In this case, student may be eligible for re-submission based on the Admissions Committee findings.
After a written formal acceptance is received, all tuition and fees must be paid by the designated due date in order to reserve a seat. Failure to meet the deadline will result in forfeiture of the student’s enrollment and placement on the waiting list.
Once an applicant is accepted, the following medical forms are also required as a condition of enrollment: Medical History Form completed by a parent/guardian and a Medical Exam Report completed by a physician.
If the date of testing is over six (6) months from the school start date, the student will be required to update their shot records, complete another physical evaluation and provide up-to-date school report cards.
Korea International School, Jeju Campus will not discuss or release an applicant’s information to anyone other than the applicant and the applicant’s parent/legal guardian. We do not accept applications from educational agencies or consultants.